The Leavenworth Public Library needs an enthusiastic, energetic and creative person in our Youth Services Department. The Youth Services Associate will be responsible for planning and implementing programs for the library’s young patron’s age birth to 5. A high school diploma, along with college coursework in child development, literature or related field and previous library work or experience working with children is required. Average of 24 hours per week. Starting rate is $12 per hour. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, KPERS retirement and access to health, vision and dental insurance. Evening and weekend hours are required. Submit application, resume and cover letter to Lynn Immesoete, Youth Services Supervisor, Leavenworth Public Library, and 417 Spruce St, Leavenworth, KS 66048. Email submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 5/4/2018.
Youth Services Associate Job Description
Library job application
CIRCULATION ASSISTANT – YOUTH SERVICES
Requirements | Desired Qualities
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service and positive attitude
- Computer skills
- Experience working with children
- Open availability, flexibility is a plus
- Ability to shelve accurately
- Ability to spend time on feet
- Willingness to learn, accept help & ask questions
- Assisting patrons with finding & selecting items, checking material in/out, etc.
- Accepting payments for fines, etc.
- Shelving materials, including reaching; pushing carts; emptying book drops; etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Hours: 16 hrs/wk average; must be flexible to work days, evenings & weekends*
* weekends include Saturday and Sunday hours
Submit library job application to Lynn Immesoete, Youth Services Supervisor, by Friday, May 4. Applications can be submitted in person at the library, via postal mail to 417 Spruce Street Leavenworth KS 66048 or email email@example.com.
Full job description